Walter Cronkite Memorial General Tours
- The Walter Cronkite Memorial is designed to be enjoyed as a self-guided tour. With advanced notice, guided tours may be provided for groups on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Please call (816) 271-4112 for details.
Field Trip Package
Come explore some of the major events of the 20th century through the eyes of iconic journalist Walter Cronkite. Missouri Western encourages schools and organizations to take advantage of this exciting half-day field trip.
Tour the Memorial
- Self-guided or guided options available.
View a performance of “Cronkite” and/or other components of the three-play trilogy “And That’s The Way It Is.”
- Viewings presented in the Kemper Recital Hall adjacent to the Memorial.
- Running time is approximately 20 minutes for each of the three plays.
- Shows include “Cronkite,” “Harry and Walter: Missouri’s Native Sons,” and “King & Cronkite.”
- Groups of at least 21 may view “Cronkite” at no charge. For more information on the cost of viewing the three Cronkite plays, click here.
Visit the CBS Newsroom Replica
- See a replica of the CBS newsroom from which Cronkite broadcast the CBS Evening News in the late 1960s and early 1970s.
- Have your photo taken while sitting at a replica of Walter Cronkite’s desk.
- Lunch is provided to senior citizen groups for a minimal charge and is provided free to school groups that tour both the memorial and campus (approximately 2 hours).
- Lunch options include a buffet in the cafeteria or box lunches in the Remington Atrium or Kelly Commons (weather permitting).
- In addition, tours can include:
Walter Cronkite Memorial – Quiz
Take our quiz and test your knowledge about Walter Cronkite.
*To obtain the answer sheet, please call (816) 271-4100 or email your request to email@example.com