Walter Cronkite Memorial General Tours
The Walter Cronkite Memorial is designed to be enjoyed as a self-guided tour during open hours. Guided tours are currently unavailable.
Large groups – please call (816)271-4200 to reserve space and gather details.
Please park across the street in Lot C. The driveway in front of Spratt is available to drop off visitors if preferred.
Visit the CBS Newsroom Replica
- See a replica of the CBS newsroom from which Cronkite broadcast the CBS Evening News in the late 1960s and early 1970s.
- Have your photo taken while sitting at a replica of Walter Cronkite’s desk.
- In addition to a Memorial tour, visitors can explore the rest of the Missouri Western Campus:
- Griffon Indoor Sports Complex – summer home of the Kansas City Chiefs
- Potter Art Gallery
- University Gallery, located adjacent to the Memorial
- Planetarium – Take in a show (“We Choose Space” or “Future Moon”) in our immersive planetarium theater. The planetarium seats 45 and a $50 fee applies.